Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tis' the Season


Congrats Ty its getting bigger every year! The
deer that is. It has been such a fun hobby for
Ty and I to start hunting together. Last year I
missed one about this size (a little bigger haha)
and this year I didn't draw out so I just helped
scout. I love watching the deer and their patterns
they take. They are actually pretty consist animals
by taking the same course. Ty shot this one in our
little "secret" spot. It was 240 yrds away coming up this
little canyon where we saw a bunch of does come up
about an hour before. Were not sure how this one
got away from all the hunters below us but we are glad
that he did. We plan on making jerky and some steaks!

9 comments:

Nigbur Family said...

I'm proud of you for getting into it with him. I think I will try it out with Paul a little more next year. Congrats Ty!

Mosers said...

Jason would be so jealous if I showed him this...I think it's awesome you go with him..next year I won't be nursing or have a new born so I'm going to go! I use to love Duck Hunting in High School...Congrats...maybe we'll be posting one by the weekend?

Noel Family said...

That makes me sad, poor little deer. He was probably with his family enjoying a nice day with them! And then along comes the McCurdy's and kills the father! Breaks me heart :)

MaddyChick said...

Nice Kill Ty! Tell him I'm very Proud! I went out on saturday with my nephew and all the other men in the family, butwe didn't get a kill!

Jenny said...

Wow, I am So impressed that you hunt, too! You go girl! I don't have any desire to hunt, but my hubby loves it.

Congrats on the deer!

The Yoder's Five said...

Wow, that is awesome that you actually enjoy going hunting with Ty. It looks like it paid off this year!

Can I get your address? I'm putting together my Christmas card list. You can email it to melissa_yoder21@msn.com. Thanks!

BRITTANY said...

Congrats on the deer. I do sort of have to agree with the Noel Family though, poor deer :) Derek thinks it's pretty cool though!

Bill & Jen said...

Hi Janene! Hey I found your blog through Lyndzi's. Hope that's ok I'm looking. Your family is ADORABLE! Time flies, it's crazy..you're welcome to check my blog out.

Coombs Family said...

Janene! Look at your cute fam! I too found your blog through Lyndzi's! lol It's been fun to sneek a peek at your blog and see what you've been doing for the past few year!