Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tornado!

Well there is a first for everything right? We just experienced the first tornado. So this is what went down I took the kids to the park with a bunch of ladies from our ward out here and they were explaining to me how to get to the park. They said I turn by the tornado alarm. So that was the first time I actually had even seen those before. Then they were saying how I shouldn't worry that the season was over and they really never get them in Northern Texas. (I am in Plano). So we left the park and headed for home. We got home and all of the sudden the alarms went off. Wow they are loud. I kind of freaked out and called my friend Stacy cause she lives in Nebraska and has been through these a couple of times her husband answered and said go to a bottom apartment and get in the tub (I guess that is the safest place). So I barged in on this girl thats out here babysitting her sister in laws three kids and we all got in the tub ( pretty funny sight). Ty was still out knocking doors and said that it wasn't even bad were he was. Then five minutes later he called and was like ya I think I better come home I see it coming. It was so weird when I called Stacy the sky was totally clear and the winds were come then within 15 minutes it changed dramatically the sky went green and the clouds rolled in way fast and it poured. So it didn't actually touch the ground the worst I heard was trees were knocked over and an eighteen wheeler got blown over. Talon kept saying is the tormato over? Where is my dad is he going to blow away in the tormato? I was just glad we were safe and hope that that was the last one we have to experience.

7 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

AHH!! Scary! I don't do well with those situations, especially if I was alone with the kids. (I've never been in a situation like that, but I can imagine how I'd react.) Bill wants to move down to Texas, but now I'm not to sure. ;)
Glad your all safe.

McCandless Co. said...

We lived there 3yrs and never actually went through a tornado! Scary I am glad you guys are ok. Texas does have some pretty extreme weather though, when it rains it is crazy. Are you surviving the heat? What ward are you in in Plano? We were in the 9th ward, things have probably changed there but Plano is so nice to live in.

Billy and Nikki said...

scary but crazy. when we lived dallas there was s tonado and it killed someone in the town billy was knocking in.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

Should've took your 72 hour kits out there!!! Texas looks like fun except for Tanley who will be scarred the rest of her life from her mom pinning her down to pierce the ears. jk.

Noel Family said...

Man that's so scary! I'm glad everyone is ok

Megan said...

wow scary crazy!! i do not think i would handle that well at all!! glad u are all okay

The Waltz's said...

Oh, so scary! Talon's little comments broke my heart. I'm glad you guys were all safe. We're missing you guys this summer. Enjoy Dallas!