Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Tribute to my Dad We Miss You!


My dad has always been one of the greatest examples to me in my life. I have always known I could go to him for anything and his advice would usually be the answer to my situation. He was a very honorable priesthood holder and gave me many wonderful blessings that have helped me understand myself and my journey through life. I will never forget the feeling of his large hands upon my head and the warm spirit he brought into the room. We had many wonderful discussions of the gospel, shared many spiritual stories, and learned many life long lessons from his experiences. He always made me feel like his kids were the most important part of his life. He would always say his kids were his kingdom. I loved snuggling up by his beard and getting those great big bear hugs. I enjoyed helping him put his socks and boots on many of mornings before school. My kids loved there papa very much. Tanley would run right to him and give him kisses and Talon would love to get those sips of coke that he was so willing to share. My husband often would ask him for advice and loved hearing how his journey got started and the struggles he went through and seeing the rewards of his hard labor after. He always made him feel more like a son. I love my Dad with all my heart and will never be able to repay for all the many memories, blessings, and council he has given to me and my family through our lives. He stands on a pillar for me and I will always cherish the loving husband, father, and grandpa he was to my mom, us kids, and grandkids. I will continue to use him as an example in my life and share his wonderful journery to my children. As I think of my dad now and his journey I am reminded of the scripture 2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight I have finished my course I have kept the faith. May one day we meet again Dad until then let the memories Last. I Love You

4 comments:

Noel Family said...

Well said. I know I already told you this but again I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral. I was thinking about your family the whole day. I hope your mom liked the flowers. One of the greatest things about the gospel is that we can see our family again....I love that.

Harmony said...

Beautiful Janene. I'm amazed by your strength. Rory and I always looked forward to seeing your dad. He's a good man.

Billy and Nikki said...

Janene you are a beautiful writer, what an amazing dad you have.

curlyQ( adree) said...

Janene this made me cry!!! I miss him so much!!! I am so glad I have you guys here with me cause I woul never survive!! I typed this with tears in my eyes thinking of the day that my dad woke me up I thought it was for school then I found out he didnt make it!!!! I ran into my brothers arms with tears running down my face!!!

Love you guys!,

Adree