Thursday, July 31, 2008

My First Earthquake!

So scary. I have never experienced an earthquake until this week. We were in Anehiem Cali. with the SUU dance team attending the USA college dance camp. McCall and I were just sitting in this big concrete convention center watching the girls learn routines. Jaeda was sitting next to us in her stroller when all of the sudden the floor began to move. McCall looked at me and said "Janene we are having an earthquake" and we saw the lights begin to sway and felt the building shake. Good thing for McCall she and her motherly instincts dove over Jaeda's stroller and unfortunately I froze. I was so scared. Then we saw everyone running for the door so we took off. I almost took out this african american girl with my stroller. After we waited awhile they finally let us back in. No one got hurt thank goodness but there was some debry that fell from the ceiling. I was still shaky an hour later.

8 comments:

Noel Family said...

Earthquakes are so scary huh? I've only been in one and it freaked me out! I'm glad you and Jaeda are ok. I want to come teach with you! :(

Warner said...

That would have been crazy to be in that big building when it happened! i can just picture you taking out that lady! funny haha. we miss you guys.... can't wait till the summer is over so we can have our friends back :)

MaddyChick said...

For some reason I can just see you freezing up when the world is shaking around you! :) I'm not excited you experienced the earthquake, but I am excited that your ok! I looks like you have lots of very cute girls on the team this year.

Jenny said...

Scary! I'm glad everything is ok!

How fun that you get to work with the Waukeenyans! Hopefully you can make it a better program than when we were on it. I'm glad it's in good hands. You must be a busy girl!

The Yoder's Five said...

Hi Janene!
I just found your blog. Good to hear you're still in Cedar City and involved in dance! We are in Albuquerque, NM right now, but Mark will be doing a 6 week internship in Cedar City next spring with Dr. Dowse, the pediatrician there.

I can't believe you have 3 kids! They're all adorable. Madelyn is three and a half and she's still our only one.

Take a look at our blog if you get the chance!

Melissa :)

http://theyodersthree.blogspot.com

PS. My dad and sister were visiting my grandma in LA and were in the earthquake, too. Scary, isn't it?

Jake and Shannon Box said...

I can't imagine having an experience like that with my little baby. I bet that was intense. I'm glad you're ok and I was happy to see that you are in charge of the drill team...how fun for a stay at home mom.

Robin Lamb said...

hahaha, your story of taking out that lady reminds me of a seinfeld episode! funny stuff... well, now you have the link to our blog! oh, and i figured out how to post a picture in the header like you were asking about so I can help out with that! just let me know when...

Warner said...

when are you guys getting home... we are trying to be patient and wait like good little warners but it's getting to be too much for us :) let us know when you get home so we can have a welcome home mccurdy's dinner or something...